oh yes, thank you Mama Pea
Her recipe with a couple subsitutions.....
Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
(Makes 6 rolls)
* 1 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk, warm **my substitute
* 1 packet yeast
* 1/4 c. canned pumpkin
* 2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/2 c. organic unbleached all purpose flour
* 1 T. baking powder
* 1/4 c. sucanat **my substitute
* 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
* 1/4 t. salt
* 1/2 c. sucanat **my substitute
* 1 T. cinnamon
* 2 T. Earth Balance (or other dairy free margarine), softened
* 2 T. golden raisins
* 1 c. powdered sugar
* 3 T. water **my substitute
Dissolve yeast & sucanat in warm hemp milk. Set aside. Combine whole wheat flour, spices, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients and set aside.
After yeast and hemp milk is foamy (about 5-8 minutes or so), stir in pumpkin. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until a dough forms. Turn dough out onto floured bread board and knead for a minute or so (about 20 times). Knead in as much extra flour (~1/4 c.) as necessary so that dough is no longer sticky. Roll dough into a large rectangle.
Sprinkle filling over dough and roll dough up firmly to make a log. Cut the log into six equal pieces and place in a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Either cover rolls and place in the refrigerator overnight, or if planning to bake immediately, let dough rise in a warm place for at least 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake rolls for 23 minutes. Drizzle with icing.
Thank you again...
Her recipe, again, with some substitutions
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stew
* 1/2 c. diced onions
* 1/2 c. diced celery
* 1/2 c diced carrot ** my addition
* 2 c. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 medium potatoes)
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 2 t. chili powder
* 1 t. cumin
* 1 t. oregano **my addition
* 1/2 t. cinnamon
* 1/4 t. nutmeg
* One 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices + ½ c water (to get all the good stuff out)
* One 14 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed **my substitute
* 1 c. vegetable broth
* 2 c fresh spinach **my addition
* salt and pepper to taste
In a soup pot, sauté veggies & spices in cooking spray until softened & onions are slightly translucent (about 7 minutes). Add veggie broth, fire roasted tomatoes, water & black beans. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Cook about 20-25 minutes. Stir in fresh spinach before serving to wilt.
*Cannot WAIT for her cookbook :) Check her out...
Serve with corn chips, guacamole and "my not so success"...
Not so success:
In the background. Supposed the be Nacho Cheez...this did not taste like cheese. At all :( It was seriously all red pepper which I don't mind. Just had other expectations for it....still somewhat tasty. But not what I was hoping for....
Quick Nacho Cheez Sauce [yields ~1c]
* 1 c raw cashews (originally called for 3/4 c)
* 5 T nutritional yeast (orignally called for 3 T)
* 1/2 c water
* 1 medium bell pepper
* 1 t chili powder
* 1/2 t cumin
* 1/2 t garlic
* pinch or 2 of smoked paprika
1. Add water to the blender, then all other ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary, until desired consistency is reached.
Anyone else had a less than expected results with this recipe??
Back to the drawing board....