Monday, April 4, 2011

My eyes are stinging.....

But we'll get to that later..
Ahh monday, the beginning of the work week. Who looks forward to it? Not I. In fact, I loathe it. To top it all off, I had an awful night sleep. If that's what you could call it....Oh well, at least breakfast was yummy :)

mmmmmmmmm



3 things I love about this breakfast:
1) It's fast and requires little attention;
2) mmm melted peanut butter
3) raspberry jelly

droool!!! I have to say, i've never been much of a grape jelly fan with my peanut butter sandwiches. But gimme strawberry or raspberry and i'm sastisfied.

Today was a whirlwind of a day....the morning came and went so quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch time. Which I was ALSO looking forward to today. Picked up these beauties from publix yesterday. Man, oh man. I cannot TELL you how delicious they were. So juicy, just the right sweetness...




Enter my VERY delicious lunch. First can I say though, i'd love to meet the person who thought to put fruit in a salad. You are my hero!

you know what they say, we eat with our eyes first..




Happiness on a plate
1 ripe red pear, sliced
2 T gorgonzola cheese
2 T chopped walnuts
3 c mixed baby greens
2 T raspberry vinaigrette

I like to mix my greens with the dressing first, then top it. I cannot STAND a glob of salad dressing. yeck.

Back to work after lunch and the afternoon flew by too. Which is never a bad thing :) It came and went so quick, I barely had time to think about dinner. I planned to stop at our local "whole foods" store as the first week of the month, everything is 20%. Picked up a couple goodies but nothing really for dinner. Decided to give my mom a call on my way to another store to see what she was cooking up for dinner (my mom has really evolved in the kitchen since I was a kid~So proud :) With nothing inspirational on the menu, I started telling her I've been wanting to give tamale pie a try for a while now and decided why not tonight. When I explained to her what it was (veggies & beans topped with homemade cornbread), she said why not just use the box stuff. AH! Well, mom, because from scratch is just SO much better. And it's simple. Guess she hasn't evolved as much as I thought ;)

Picture of dinner....recipe needs some work. So not gonna post it tonight. Was good enough to go back for seconds though. Quick side note though, Poblano peppers are a little spicier than you might think. So don't touch your eyes after handling them. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think the only thing better is melted chocolate :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete