Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Sunday...

A day to relax. Why, then must I be up at 7:45a? Ah well, I suppose there is always things to be done. Like make breakfast!! :)

Yesterday afternoon I went shopping to Love's Whole Foods (smaller version of Whole Foods Market) and came across these babies....



Sounds delish right? I'm normally not a sausage for breakfast fan, but because they had apples & sage I thought they would be the perfect addition to my breakfast plate. And I was right. Served along side my fritatta, I was a happy camper. I give them a 8/10. What does the omnivore say about these "sausages"? It's good, but it's missing meat :) The downside in my opinion is that they are a tad dry. Oh and the price is a little bit more than I would normally spend but since i'm not buying other meat, it's justified. Their next appearance? Stuffing...mmmmmm :)

Here's the recipe for the equally delicious frittata.
Spinach & Goat Cheese Fritatta recipe…for 2
4 Organic Eggs
1 oz goat cheese
2 c spinach
1 ½ t minced garlic
dash nutmeg
1/8 t red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ T canola oil

Preheat oven to 350. In small sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium low heat. Add garlic and sauté for about a minute (be careful not to let it go too long, burnt garlic is NOT good!). Add Spinach to pan and stir to combine with garlic. Season spinach mixture with nutmeg, red pepper flakes, S & P, stir well to combine. Add eggs to pan and stir to disperse spinach evenly. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Once eggs begin to set, place sauté pan in oven and allow to finish cooking 5 minutes. Note: It is important to use a sauté pan that can be used in the oven. If you have any concerns with plastic handles, cover handle with aluminum foil before placing in oven.

*This can be served on its own or as a sandwich/wrap. Chopped up over a salad..mmmmmm :)



The weather today seemed appropriate to take a walk...and my two very energetic puppies were very willing. Unfortunately, I have to take them one at a time but that just means more walking for me too :)

Tired pooches....



Lunch was a mish mosh of left-overs. I was actually somewhat hungry....
no pic~too hungry to wait. 1/4 leftover stuffed pepper, 2 T guacamole, leftover sweet potato fries & broccoli (PS Broccoli dipped in guac=amazing!). Not feeling full enough I decided I should have dessert. Banana + peanut butter + apple blueberry granola is deeeeelish. Fullness achieved.

However, I had to do some running around and about an hr later it hit me, like a mack truck in my stomach. I felt awful. So I picked up some stuff for dinner and headed home to take a rest....catching up on blog reading and even wrote a letter. On paper.. :) Let's hope my stomach doesn't wreck dinner.....

On the menu:
Grilled Grouper (I should mention I am eating fish in my "vegetarian~ish" diet no recipe, Lemon, S&P
Asparagus, corn & tomato salad (recipe to follow)
Steamed Broccoli




Asparagus, Corn & Tomato salad...for 2 (Or you :)
1/2 lb fresh asparagus, woody stems removed and chopped into thirds
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
~1 c fresh corn kernels (cut from one ear of corn)
2 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 t agave syrup
1/8 t dried oregano
1/8 t dried basil
2 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
S&P

Preheat oven to 450. Place cut asparagus and cherry tomatoes on one side of a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 T EVOO. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper~mix well to combine. Place corn on a piece of foil on the other side of the baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 T EVOO, S&P, mix and fold foil into a pouch. Roast Veggies 15-20 minutes until tender. In a small bowl mix balsamic vinegar, agave syrup, dried basil and oregano. Drizzle in EVOO while whisking. Taste dressing before adding to veggies to make sure Oil/Vinegar ratio is to your liking. Toss with veggies & taste. I didn't need to add any more S&P but you can if ya want :)

mmmm roasted veggies....I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted cherry tomatoes. They are so sweet :)




Also on the menu, Orlando Magic Game :) Also, read in the paper our local baseball team's season starts this friday..woo hoo!! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment