Thursday, April 14, 2011

So maybe leftovers aren't so bad....

When they are covered with Mama Peas Mmmmmm sauce. And that it is. I can't take credit for the recipe but I can take credit for compiling the best wrap i've had to date....involving TOFU! Never thought i'd say that. Tried to broil ala Mama last night and yea, didn't turn out so well. It was still pretty tasty but, for a lack of a better word, slimey. Don't think I got all the liquid out (I feel she is on to something with that Tofu press). The marinade I used, on the other hand, is worth sharing.

Juice of one orange
3 T soy sauce
1 T agave nectar
1 t garlic
1/2 t minced ginger
That I will be using again!

So ya, lots of leftovers to be eaten so I decided to create a wrap. Camera was dying so I only got this photo. It was HUGE and delicious (that's what she said).



Wipe the drool, this can be recreated. WITH LEFTOVERS :)

Here's the dish....
1) Throw whole wheat tortilla in a warm oven
2) Pan Saute some broiled tofu (i.e. reheat it)
3) Saute in another pan 2 T extra virgin olive oil, 2 T minced garlic, 2 c fresh spinach, 1/2 zucchini, 1 c leftover brown rice. Season with S&P, sesame oil & sprinkle sesame seed until your hearts content.
4) Spread Mmmmmmmm sauce on warmed tortilla, top with veggie rice mix & chopped tofu.
5) Top with my "not so success" nacho cheez sauce
6) Wrap and eat.

Serve with leftover veggie/rice mix and a delish glass of wine (hey, it does a heart good). Do you think the wine industry is looking for a spokesperson?

0 comments:

Post a Comment